Nov 11, 2009

New Blog, New Name, Let's Roll!

I'm hitting up the blogging bidniss again.  I understand that if I don't blog [write] I tip and tilt like a cheap arcade game pin-ball machine. 

I moved from California all the way here to Florida this summer and I'm adjusting to many things.  I'm working as a temp for agencies when I can get work, I'm working through the County Healthcare processess to get my health looked at, I'm living with my childhood buddy/friend/familymember Gloria and her sweet little cat named NiNi. (The cat doesn't know it but I've been calling her Meany.)  She's not mean, but I am a little bit so I guess that's why I do that.  I also call her NiNi-Banini and neither of us knows what that means.  Here's a photo of the little fuzz ball.  She's like Little Queen Nefertit resting on the handmade carpet I brought back from Egypt 5 years ago.  I love them both. 


Now that it's November here outside the Tampa area the weather has gotten more like Fall instead of Living Hell Hot.  Now the temperatures hover around 80.  Brrrr, so fall-like.  I moved here at the worst possible time in Mid-June.  I figure if I can live through the summer here then... heck, I forget what.  Darn heat stroked daime bramage. 

I never drove so far in my whole life and I never will again (I hope).  The only thing that made it less daunting was that my dearest ever best cousin Guy drove with me from Las Vegas to Tampa.  Sometimes we were laughing so hard that we couldn't see where we were going from the tears.  That 5 day trip will be with me forever.  Guy is so funny, talented, clever, intelligent, an amazing incredible artist and did I mention funny? 

He loves dinosaurs so we stopped at the big HUGE Dino Museum outside of Tucumcari, New Mexico for the thrill of seeing old bones glued together, and true to our 'form' I snapped a candid photo of Guy running away from a threatening beast of bones, the Meat-a-Saurus.  He was saved by my flash as it blinded the beast.  WTF am I saying here?!   Anyway, we had fun.

So this is how I'm going to fill my days while I work at getting work, complain about this and that and generally try to amuse myself.  I hope you come back often and enjoy your visits with me. 

1 comment:

  1. I'll never forget laughing so hard with you while I was behind the wheel - it hurt to breath, let alone see the road ahead, and me trying to gasp out "TISSUES?" - guess I had a tissue issue.
    So glad to have you back blogging, I love to read your delicious take on "seizure living" as you say....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails