Mar 5, 2010

Calamity Tries a New Task

Looking for a job is a job in itself.  I've been spending the past 7 months doing just that to no avail.  I do a lot of temporary work which has been a life saver since there is so much down time to this occupation that one could go batty finding things to keep oneself busy and occupied waiting for the phone or emails to ring.

I thought I would take on a new busy task of beading something.  Roommate Glo has asked me to make her a lanyard for her housekeys.  Not like she's going to wear it or anything which took off a lot of pressure to make something that actually looks good.  I've never beaded before.  Anything. So this was a new and exciting thing to help get me through some long hours.

I've finished the task today.  Almost.  I need to learn how to 'close' it, tie it up or whatever.  I think I'm surprised that it turned out so well.  I actually like it.  It didn't end up looking like I made it at the Special Olympics for Beading.  [OMG!  Is Calamity Jane being so heartless and insensitive again??]  Get over it.  I'm so over Political Correctness. I'm tired of all this 'correctness' making us reword everything into blandness.  I write, therefore I say stuff that I WANT TO SAY. 

How purging.  I feel better already.  Still unemployed though.

Here's the Lanyard.  It's made with glass beads so it probably won't last.  Just as long as I have photos I don't much care.  Ha.





CJ is almost getting normal which is very scary.  Crazy is such a comfort place for me usually.  My Borderline Personality is getting hungry for more craze.  I will have to wait a bit to try something else.  Money used to grow on trees but not in Florida.  This project only cost me $14.  Neat.

1 comment:

  1. Boy can you read the beads! Who is CJ anyway? I have all kinds of teeny tiny itsy bitsy eensy weensy beads if you're interested? They're all real pretty, and they'd be free!
    Let me know.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails